English Language Teacher My hobbies/interests. Work is my hobby and my hobby is my work - I love getting to know my students, seeing their progress - it is a real privilege to be a part of people's lives like that. I love travelling and getting to know new cultures. I also like interacting with people learning positive new things to do.
My educational background. I have a BA in Psychology and Education (University of Latvia) and a MA (with Merit) in Advertising and Marketing Communications (Bournemouth University). In 2006 I did my CELTA (the University of Cambridges) at ITTC (the UK) which gave me more confidence that this is the job I like and want to do.
My teaching experience. I honestly and truly believe that teaching is what I was born to do. I completely loved my experiene working for Kings Colleges (the UK) teaching English to international students from all over the world. Later I joined International House (one of the oldest groups of language schools with over 150 affiliated private language schools in 52 countries all over the world). At the moment I run my own school here in Liepāja where I teach English to all ages and levels and, absolutely LOVE it!
What do you like most about ANG school. The thing I like most about working at ANG school is its warm, friendly, family-like atmosphere.
English Language Teacher
Hi, my name is Ryan!
About myself: I'm
an American-born dual American/Portuguese citizen who was born and
raised in the US. English is my native language.
10 facts about me:
1. Latvia is the 5th country I've been a teacher in.
2. This is my 6th year as a teacher.
3. I used to draw pictures on tests to illustrate the mistakes made by students, they liked it so much that they started sharing their mistakes.
4. My worst teaching experience was while working in Germany.
5. For one student I had to do Portuguese lessons instead of English.
6. When I was 14 years old I met my favorite vocalist and he gave me a free CD because he saw me help someone.
7. On Halloween 2016 I got my first concussion in a moshpit at a concert in Prague.
8. In Europe I have been invited to be a vocalist in a band and been offered a spot on a semi-professional American Football team.
9. I have 2 citizenships and passports, one American and one Portuguese.
10. Since moving to Europe in 2012, I've visited more than 20 countries.
English and Latvian Language Teacher
Hi there, my name is Indra,
I was born and raised in Latvia, however, since primary school I have been enjoying acquiring languages and learning about different cultures. Although I have studied four languages, my one true love is English; therefore, I decided to pursue studies at the University of Latvia receiving a bachelor’s degree in English Philology.
I have been teaching English for several years and in this time I have understood that being a teacher is not just an occupation, it is a lifestyle; therefore, I am delighted to work at ANG school with like-minded colleagues.
If you asked me, what is the greatest advantage of this language school, I would have to admit that it is the teachers’ attitude. At ANG school, we care that our students reach their fullest potentials. Even though each teacher has a unique personality, brought together we have created an excellent team where every person’s strongest skills and qualities are put to use complimenting one another. The positive and cheerful atmosphere is brought also in the classroom where every student is appreciated and supported.
Latvian Language TeacherHi everyone! My name is Arta,Par mani: mani sauc Arta. Pasniedzu latviešu valodu. Raksturojot sevi, pieminēšu, ka esmu smaidīga, jauka persona, kura vienmēr atvērta jauniem izaicinājumiem un jaunām idejām.
English Language TeacherHi! My name is Irina!
10 Interesting Facts about me:
1. I have taught English in London and Italy.
2. I also teach English through theatre and drama.
3. I am a trained Cambridge Speaking Examiner ( PET, FCE).
4. I was born on Feb 29th.
5. I can speak 5 languages.
6. I can dance tango.
7. I have met Maggie Smith and Dustin Hoffman, and Tobey Maguire from Spiderman.
8. I applied for a theatre course in London without telling her parents.
9. I'd like to teach in Latin America in the future.
10. Once I was asked to pretend I was Scottish at work.
English Language TeacherHi, I’m Nikita!
I am a positive, optimistic and active person. I love travelling, learning languages and meeting different people around the world.Interesting facts about me:
1. I started my teaching career by working with refugees in Berlin.
2. I taught English in Vietnam and Thailand.
3. I have experience teaching music for a year in a youth house of Liepaja.
4. I believe that education is the most powerful tool in the world.
5. I love making music.
6. English was my favourite subject at university.
7. I spent a full month without talking.
8. My favourite fruit is mango.
9. Once I took a swim in the Mekong river. 10. I first started working at ANG school back in 2016. ANG school offers many possibilities to teach languages using modern technologies in a friendly place. ANG school is a perfect place where I can develop myself by learning from other experienced teachers and give my positive energy to students.
English Language TeacherHi, I am Helen!
I’m from a small town called Widnes in the North of England, just near
Liverpool. I’ve travelled quite a bit, and I love learning about new
cultures and history. A little while ago, I decided to combine this with
interest in the English language and took up teaching English. I
decided I’d like to move to Latvia as my grandmother was born in Liepaja
and I’m really excited to find out more about the country and my
name is Robert.
I love writing. I just haven't published anything yet. I usually write short stories that are realistic, but when I try to write something longer it turns into a fantasy novel outline. I also used to do parkour and miss jumping around and doing backflips.
My dreams and ambitions: My dream is to publish stories and novels one day. I also wish to give lectures at universities, preferably LiepU.
My educational background: I got my bachelor's degree in Education Management and English Teaching at University of Latvia. I am now studying at University of Liepaja Writing for my master's degree.
My teaching experience: Between 2019 and 2022 I taught English in 4 schools in Riga.
What do you like most about ANG school: That it is student focused and the rotation of groups between educators. I enjoy the happy colleagues who are very helpful. I am surprised about all the students who actually want to learn and enjoy it.
Why do you teach at ANG school? : I am naturally good at teaching and learning. I like to learn as much as I can. I am still young and filled with potential that has not yet been unleashed.